Metro Hobbies respects the privacy of the personal information of visitors to this website and is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and its National Privacy Principles.
When referring to “personal information”, we refer to all information which identify you as an individual, or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your name, address and phone number are examples of personal information.
How Metro Hobbies will collect personal information
We may collect personal information about you, such as:
- Your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details when purchasing goods or services;
- Information to enable you to subscribe to email newsletters;
- Information for us to respond to questions about our products and services, and may be by telephone;
- Information from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or representatives.
This information may be collected by us and by our third party service providers who assist us in operating the website. This may be collected when:
- You open an account with us;
- You register give us the information to register you for on-line purchasing;
- You order goods or services either by fax, telephone, email or via this website; or
- You submit questions or submit feedback about our website.
How your personal information will be used and disclosed
We may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you on this website:
- For the purposes for which it was collected, such as securing a transaction and delivering products or services to you.
- Where you have consented to the use of disclosure.
- To email you newsletters or other updates (if you have requested to receive them). You may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe feature set out in the email or contact us directly.
Metro Hobbies may disclose your personal information to third party organisations including:
- Government authorities or agencies and other organisations as required or permitted by law;
- Credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
- Professional advisers and contractors of Metro Hobbies;
- Related companies of Metro Hobbies; and
- To other parties, when you have given your consent.
How your personal information will be secured
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We cannot ensure the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online such as emails. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our possession.
Metro Hobbies is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this site via hyperlinks.
Further information may be obtained at www.privacy.gov.au